2007年5月24日木曜日

Teaching Vocabulary

In last class,we learned about two approaches for teaching vocabulary: the Teach and Learn Approach and the Learning through Input Approach. You can see a PowerPoint presentation of the approaches here.
I want to tell you about the strengths and weaknesses of each approach as well as the approach I would use as a Junior High School English teacher.
First, I will talk about the strengths and weaknesses of the Teach and Learn Approach.

Strength:In this way, students can understand easily what teacher tells them. And, they can review the words.

Weakness: Students may be bored and forget the words.

Second, I will talk about the strengths and weaknesses of the Learning through Input Approach.

Strength: Students will memorize the words easily.

Weakness: It is difficult for low revel students to catch up with the class speed.


Lastly as a junior high school English teacher I would favor a Hybrid.

0 件のコメント: